Ingredients is not available.
- Combine agar-agar powder with 120ml water. Stir to dissolve, then pour into the hot water.
- Add sugar and screwpine leaves and bring to a boil for 1015 minutes over a medium heat. Stir occasionally while cooking.
- Divide agar-agar into three portions. Add colouring to the two-thirds portion and pour into wet moulds.
- Bring the remaining one-thirds liquid to a gentle simmer, then add thick coconut milk. When it begins to boil, remove from the heat at once.
- Test the doneness of the coloured portion. It should be about set. Gently pour spoonfuls of coconut milk agar-agar mixture over the coloured jelly(take care not to break through the surface of the coloured jelly).
- Leave to set completely. Chill in the refrigerator before turning out.
- Should the coloured jelly set before the coconut milk agar is being added, you can scratch the surface with a fork before pouring in the topping.