This recipe and photo were provided by Mission Foods.
- 1 cup dried chickpeas
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic (crushed)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- paprika (to serve)
- extra-virgin olive oil (to serve)
- Place chickpeas in a bowl. Cover with cold water and cover with plastic wrap. Stand overnight.
- Drain chickpeas. Place in a saucepan. Cover with cold water and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Then reduce heat to low. Allow to simmer, uncovered, for 20 to 25 minutes or until tender. Drain but reserve ½ cup liqiud.
- Process chickpeas, tahini, lemon juice, garlic, oil, salt and reserved liquid until almost smooth.
- Spoon into a bowl. Sprinkle with paprika. Drizzle with oil. Serve with garlic & herb naan.