This recipe is best with
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1tbsp garlic (minced)
- 1/2 onion (chopped)
- 3/4 cup mixed mushrooms, sliced (shitake, button, cremini, enoki)
- 3/4 cup chicken sausages (sliced)
- cherry tomatoes (diced)
- 1/2 cup cheese (any type)
- 1 packet spring roll wrappers
- grounded black pepper (optional)
- oil for frying
- Place 2 tbsp olive oil in a frying pan over medium to high heat. Add minced garlic and chopped onion, stir-fry until fragrant (about 1 minute).
- Add in mushrooms, chicken sausages and fry for another 3-4 minutes. Add in cheese, and sprinkle some black pepper over filling. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Take a spring roll wrapper and put it on a flat surface. Place it in an angle, so that it looks like a diamond. Spoon 2 tbsp of the filling, and add some diced cherry tomatoes on top of it> Then, fold the wrapper to enclose the filling. Then, fold in the the other 2 sides.
- Heat oil for frying. Fry the spring rolls until golden brown for about 2-3 minutes. Drain on paper towels and keep warm. Serve with chilli sauce or a mustard dip.