This recipe is best with
- 1/2kg rice flour
- 5 tbsp roasted urad dhal flour
- 5 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp cumin seeds
- Salt to taste
- 1kg cooking oil for frying
- Mix rice flour, urad dhal flour, butter, cumin seeds and salt and form a dough.
- Take a lump of dough in your fist and using the fingers to push the dough out, form a rope-like pattern, shaping it into a spiral at the same time - you can use a circular board of the desired size as guide. Make five circles for a small spiral and nine circles for a big spiral.
- Each time you run out of dough, take another lump of dough and start again, connecting one end with the other to form a continuous spiral.
- Deep-fry the spirals in a wok of oil until golden brown on both sides.