Use the kimchi in these recipes:
- 1 head Chinese cabbage
- 50g coarse sea salt
- 30g dried shrimps
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2cm knob ginger, roughly chopped
- 1 onion, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp salt
- 2-3 tbsp sugar, or to taste
- 3 tbsp fish sauce
- 80g daikon (white radish), julienned and squeezed dry
- 1 stalk spring onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp chopped leek
- 4 tbsp chilli powder
- Remove outer leaves of cabbage. Halve it lengthwise and rub salt between all the leaves. Let cabbage sit with the salt for one to two hours. Rinse cabbage thoroughly and drain well. Pat dry completely.
- Combine dried shrimps, garlic, ginger, and onion in a food processor. Blend into a fine paste.
- Remove paste and mix with the salt, sugar, and fish sauce.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the daikon, spring onion, leek, chilli powder, and the spice paste. Stir to mix well.
- Stuff the spice mixture between the leaves of the wilted cabbage.
- Place cabbage in an airtight container and store at room temperature for at least one to two days.
- Kimchi stores well, refrigerated, for one to two weeks. Use as required.