- 100g petai seeds, skinned and chopped coarsely
- 3 eggs
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp plain flour (combine the water and flour to make a paste)
- 1 tbsp chopped red chilli
- 1 tbsp chopped spring onion
- 3 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp light soy sauce
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Dash of pepper
- Pinch of sugar
- 1/2 tsp chicken stock granules
- Whisk eggs lightly, add in seasoning, flour paste and mix well. Add in petai, red chilli and spring onion.
- Heat oil in a non-stick pan, pour in egg mixture and fry omelette over medium heat for three to five minutes.
- Flip over to the other side and fry for three to four more minutes until omelette turns light brown.
- Dish up and serve with plain rice or bread.