This recipe is best with
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp chopped onions
- 1 tbsp chopped spring onion
- 1/2 tsp chopped red chilli
- Hot buttered toast, to serve
- Crack eggs into a jug and beat with a fork until the eggs run into a thin stream when you lift the fork out of the mixture.
- Heat a heavy-based frying pan (or non-stick frying pan with shallow sides) over medium-high heat until the pan is just warm. Add butter and tilt the frying pan back and fourth until the butter is sizzling.
- Beat the eggs again, then pour into the pan, tilting it to cover the base with egg mixture. Use a wooden spoon to drag the cooked egg from the outer edge into the centre. Then tilt the pan to allow the uncovered egg to come into contact with the pan.
- Sprinkle omelette with onion, chilli and spring onion, and add a sprinkling of salt and pepper. Cook for 30 seconds or until the top is just set, then fold one-third of omelette into the centre. Repeat with the other side and slide the omelette onto hot buttered toast. Serve immediately.