- 4 pieces chicken drumsticks with thigh meat, cut into 3 cm cubes
- Satay sticks or barbecue skewers
- 3cm piece mature ginger, grated
- 4 cloves garlic, finely pounded
- 2 tbsp chilli paste
- 1/2 tsp ground turmeric
- 2-3 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tsp thick soy sauce
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Combine marinade ingredients and chicken in an airtight container. Marinate in the refrigerator overnight.
- Remove chicken from the marinade and thread 3-4 pieces onto a satay stick or barbecue skewer. Continue to thread all the chicken pieces until all are used up.
- Barbecue the skewers over a barbecue grill or pit for 8-10 minutes. Turn over and brush liberally with remaining marinade.