- 500 g plums (if plums are large cut them in half or quarters. If they are really small just leave them)
- 4 cloves
- 1 tsp whole black peppercorns
- 1 stick cinnamon
- 1 cup red wine*
- 1/3 cup sugar
- Vanilla ice cream
- Wrap the cloves and peppercorns in a muslin bag or cheesecloth.
- In a medium saucepan combine the muslin bag, cinnamon stick, red wine and sugar and bring to a simmer until sugar is dissolved, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add the plums and cook on low heat until the plums are tender, about 5-10 minutes.
- Remove the plums, and discard the cinnamon stick and muslin bag. Reheat the red wine syrup until reduced by half then add in the plums and keep warm until ready to serve.
- To serve: Place plums and syrup in a bowl and top with ice cream.