Shakarpara is a famous Indian snack that is easily prepared at home. It’s ideal for binge eating and you can even customise the taste adding ingredients as per your preference. A crispy snack makes which is a better alternative to unhealthy snacking.
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 pinch powdered saffron
- 1/4 teaspoon ghee
- 1 dash powdered green cardamom
- 125 ml of freedom refined oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Add ghee, maida and little water in a bowl and knead into a thick dough. Take small parts, make large pooris out of it and cut them into desired shapes (squares or triangles).
- Heat a pan over medium flame and add the remaining oil for frying. Once the oil is hot enough, gently put the pieces you have cut. Keep the flame low and deep fry till they turn golden in colour.
- Drain the excess oil and transfer them to a plate. Meanwhile, in a different pan, add water, sugar and heat it over medium flame. Add little saffron powder, cook this mixture till it’s thick and sticky in texture. Remove it from the flame and keep aside.
- Add the fried pieces in this sugar mixture, soak them nicely. Transfer the Shakarparas to a plate and sprinkle cardamom powder on them. Once they cool down to room temperature you can relish this delicious sweet with beverages.