This recipe and photo are courtesy of Audrey Lim.
This recipe is found in her cookbook, Malaysian Tapas, which is published by MPH Group Publishing and is available at major bookstores throughout Malaysia.
- 4 sweet potatoes
- 4tbsp coconut oil
- 4tsp cornflour
- a pinch of sea salt
- 1tbsp chilli flakes
- Drizzle sauce
- 2tbsp raw honey
- 2tbsp Japanese mayonnaise
- Black peppercorns - optional, crushed
- 1bunch coriander leaves or parsley, chopped
- Pre-heat oven at 220 degree celsius.
- While oven is pre-heating, peel off the sweet potato skin and cut into long thin slices about less than 1cm thick. Keep them the same size for even baking results.
- Line up all the sweet potatoes on a dark non-stick baking sheet or pan.
- Drizzle coconut oil, sea salt, chilli flakes.
- Bake for 15 minutes on each side. It’s alright if the fries caramelised at the sides.
- Drizzle raw honey and Japanese mayo onto the sweet potatoes, garnish with chopped coriander leaves, crushed peppercorns and serve.