Mac & Cheese but mix it with mashed potato and make it into a ball! Perfect for snacking during tea time.
- 100gm U.S. Dehydrated Potato Granules
- 300ml Fresh milk
- 20gm Unsalted butter
- 40gm Breadcrumbs
- 40gm All Purpose flour
- 2 nos Egg
- Mac and Cheese:
- 100gm Macaroni Pasta (Boiled)
- 40gm Cheddar Cheese
- 5gm Butter
- 10gm Flour
- 50gm Fresh milk
- 5gm Salt
- 2gm Pepper
- Coriander Lime Aioli:
- 70gm Mayonnaise
- 10gm lime Juice
- 5gm Coriander (chopped)
- Standby a medium size mixing bowl. Add the sour cream, curry powder and chopped chive. Mix well.
- Standby a medium size pot. To make the roux, start by melting butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add flour, salt, and pepper and stir until smooth.
- Slowly pour in milk and stir until the mixture is smooth and bubbling. Add cheddar cheese and macaroni. Let the Mac and cheese mixture set at room temperature.
- Prepare a medium size pot to make the U.S. mashed potatoes. Add the fresh milk and unsalted butter. Add the U.S. dehydrated potato granules and seasoning. Mix well.
- Fold the mac and cheese mixture into 20gm size balls. Add a second layer of mashed potato to cover the mac and cheese ball. Make at least 6-8 balls.
- Prepare the egg wash, flour and breadcrumbs. Bread all the balls with egg wash, flour and breadcrumbs.
- Preheat a medium pot with cooking oil until 180°Celsius. Add the mac and cheese balls and cook until they are golden brown. Remove from oil and arrange the balls on the serving plate.
- Serve with coriander lime aioli.