Potato muffins are THE muffin! It’s healthy, it’s delicious and easy to make too!
- 3 medium-sized US Russet Potatoes – skinned, boiled and mashed
- 1 egg – lightly beaten
- ½ cup very finely grated carrot
- 1/4 cup finely chopped spring onion
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ cup (50 grams) shredded cheddar cheese
- Salt & crushed black pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC. Very lightly brush the non-stick muffin pans with some olive oil,
- Cut the peeled US Russet potato into small cubes and boil in water for a few minutes till they are tender when pierced with a fork. Drain the potatoes and mash it up.
- Add in the beaten egg, finely grated carrot, spring onion, garlic powder and cheddar cheese. Mix well and season it with salt and black pepper to taste.
- Bake the muffins for 30 minutes until golden brown and crisp around the edges.
- Remove the pan from the oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes before gently taking it out of the muffin pan.