Roti Jala (Malaysia Net Crepes) is a popular Malay tea time snack normally served with curry dishes. For those who loves a hearty breakfast this is definitely a perfect combo. Using dehydrated potatoes deliver the same nutrients as fresh potatoes. Give it a try today!
- Roti Jala:
- 120g U.S. Dehydrated Potato Granules
- 240g Wheat Flour
- 5g Turmeric powder
- 5g Salt
- 1 Egg
- 473g Water
- 228g Coconut milk
- 34g Cooking oil
- Curry Chicken:
- 3nos U.S. Russet Potatoes, halves and lightly fry in hot oil
- 1kg Chicken, cut into bite-size pieces
- 30g Chilli paste
- 4 sprigs Curry leaves
- 2 stalks Lemongrass, smashed
- 300ml Coconut milk
- 200ml Water
- 8g Curry powder
- 8g Turmeric powder
- 60g Cooking oil
- To taste with Salt & Sugar
- Pound or Blend:
- 100g Big onions
- 30g Shallots
- 25g Garlic
- 50g Ginger
- 2 stalks Lemongrass
- Sift flour and ground turmeric into a large bowl. Add in salt.
- Stir in the S. Dehydrated Potato Granules, beaten egg and coconut milk until a smooth batter forms. Strain batter to remove any lumps.
- Brush a little oil onto a non-stick pan on medium heat.
- Pour some batter into the roti jala cup until about half full. Move the cup in a circular motion above the pan to create a lace pattern. Cook for about 2 minutes until set. Slide crepe of pan onto a plate and repeat the procedure.
- When cooled, fold in both sides and roll to form a neat crepe package.
- Heat oil in a wok, sauté the pound ingredients and chilli paste until fragrant. Add in the chicken pieces, lemongrass, curry leaves, stir-fry for 1 minute. Add in the curry powder, turmeric powder and mix well.
- Pour in water and bring to boil (2-3minutes).
- Mix in coconut milk, fried U.S. Russet potatoes, and simmer for approximately 15minutes until the chicken is cooked. Add in salt, sugar and combine well.
- Dish out the chicken curry and serve with the U.S. Potato Roti Jala.