- 600g seedless watermelon, skin removed and coarsely chopped
- 6 pieces canned peach slices, well drained (reserve 100ml canned peach syrup)
- 2 tbsp castor sugar
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- Place watermelon and peach in a food processor. Process in batches until pureed, then strain to remove any fibre. Mix the watermelon and peach puree with sugar, peach syrup and lime juice.
- Pour mixture into a plastic container and cover with a tight-fitting lid. Freeze for 1 hour or until just frozen around the edges. Using a fork, scrape this back into the mixture.
- Repeat scraping the frozen edges every one to two hours, at least twice or three times more or until the mixture has even sized ice crystals.
- To serve, scrape the granita into serving glasses.