- 25 gingko nuts, shelled and membranes removed
- 15 red dates, pitted
- 50g lotus seeds, soaked till plump
- 2 tbsp dried longan flesh
- 1 piece dried persimmon, cleaned and sliced thinly
- 2 tbsp bitter almonds
- 2 tbsp sweet almonds
- 4 litres water
- 250g rock sugar
- 3 pandan leaves, knotted
- Bring water to a boil. Add gingko nuts, dates, lotus seeds, bitter and sweet almonds, and longan flesh. Simmer until gingko nuts and lotus seeds are soft.
- Add rock sugar. Simmer until sugar has dissolved completely. Add pandan leaves and bring to a boil.
- Dish out and serve hot or leave to cool before serving. Add persimmon slices just before serving.