Korean pantry staple food is now a universal food. Rock this weekend with the best combination of potatoes and kimchi. What do you say?
- 2nos U.S. Russet Potatoes
- 100g Kimchi, chopped into small pieces, plus 2 (tbsb) of the Kimchi Brine
- 30g Spring Onions, chopped
- 20g Sugar
- 125g All-purpose flour
- 115ml Water
- Cooking oil
- Combine the kimchi, kimchi brine, spring onion, sugar, flour, and water in a medium bowl and mix well with a spoon.
- Heat a 24cm non-stick pan over medium heat. Add the vegetable oil and swirl to coat the bottom of the pan.
- Arrange the sliced U.S. Russet Potatoes on the pan.
- Pour the batter into the pan and spread it with the back of a spatula to make a large circle.
- Cook the pancake over low heat for approximately 5 to 8 minutes until the bottom is golden brown and crisp.
- Turn the pancake over. Drizzle with cooking oil around the edges of the pan, and lift the pancake with a thin spatula to allow the oil to seep underneath. Tilt the pan so that it spreads evenly.
- Cook until the bottom of the pancake is light golden brown and crisp, (cooking time about 3 to 5 minutes).
- Flip the pancake and cook for another minute.
- Slide onto a large plate and serve immediately.