This recipe is best with
- 220gm fresh or frozen blueberries or canned blueberries
- 1/4 cup caster sugar
- 100gm shortbread biscuits
- 1/2 cup almond meal (ground almond)
- 75gm butter, melted
- 600gm cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- Process the blueberries in a food processor and press through a sieve (should end up with 1/2 cup puree).Place the puree and sugar in a saucepan over medium heat and stir until the sugar is dissolved. Simmer for about 6 to 8 mins or until thick. Set aside to cool.
- For base, process the biscuits in food processor until crushed. Add the almond meal, mix well.
- Add the melted butter and process until combined. Grease a 22cm (9in) springform tin and line the base with non-stick baking paper. Press the crumb mixture over the base (use a glass to get smooth edges) and refrigerate.
- For the filling, preheat the oven to 140 degrees (280F)(if fan force then 120 degrees).
- To make the filling, process the cream cheese in food processor until smooth. Add the sour cream, sugar and vanilla essence, until combined and smooth.
- Pour the mixture over the base. Drizzle the blueberry mixture over and swirl lightly using a butter knife.
- Bake for 1 hour or until set. Top should be firm to touch. Leave the cheesecake to cool in the oven. Refrigerate and serve cold. Serves 10 to 12.