This recipe is best with
- 200g digestive biscuits, crushed
- 60g melted butter
- 1 1/2 tbsp powdered gelatin
- 4 tbsp water
- 300g cream cheese, thaw to room temperature
- 125g castor sugar
- 125ml whipping cream
- 350g fresh strawberries, pureed
- Grease a 20-21cm spring form pan. Put crushed biscuits in a mixing bowl. Pour in melted butter and stir well with a metal spoon until evenly mixed.
- Press the biscuit crust onto the base of the spring form pan with the back of a metal spoon. Flatten and smoothen the biscuit base all round. Chill in the refrigerator while you prepare the filling.
- Sprinkle gelatin over water. Set aside until it turns spongy. Place bowl over hot water until the liquid turns clear.
- Beat cream cheese until smooth. Gradually add sugar and continue beating until light and fluffy.
- Add dissolved gelatin mixture to strawberry puree. Whip up whipping cream until soft peaks form. Add strawberry puree to cream. Set aside.
- Combine strawberry mixture with cream cheese mixture and smoothen the top with a spatula. Chill overnight until firm.