- Bring a pot of water to the boil, add chopped ribs and parboil for 4-5 minutes.
- Remove and rinse in clear water. Drain. Season the ribs with the combined marinade for several hours.
- Pan-fry garlic and ginger without oil until dry and fragrant. Place the marinated ribs in a heavy-based saucepan and add pan-fried garlic and ginger.
- Bring to a quick boil, add water and reduce the heat and simmer for 1-1¼ hours until the ribs are tender.
- Stir occasionally to prevent the ribs from getting burnt at the base of the saucepan. Thicken the gravy if necessary (if it is thick enough, omit the thickening).
- Dish out and serve immediately.
You may also like