Rusli Kamaruddin, 65 year old home cook shares his family recipes. This recipe was first published in the Star Food.
This recipe is best with
- 350g wheat flour
- 60g brown sugar
- 70g butter
- 2 tbsp condensed milk
- 11g yeast
- 150ml warm water
- salt to taste
- peanut butter, for filling
- Mix flour, sugar, butter and condensed milk until texture becomes sandy.
- Soak yeast in a bit of warm water. Stir yeast into flour mixture.
- Gradually add warm water into the mixture until it forms a dough that doesn’t stick to the bowl. Cover dough and let rise at room temperature, this should take about 1 hour.
- Form the dough into palm-sized balls. Flatten and put 1 to 2 tablespoons of peanut butter in the middle of the balls and fold over to cover filling.
- Pan-fry the buns in a pan on low heat until golden brown or bake in oven at 150°C for 30 minutes.