Welcome to the ‘#HealthyEating’ series! #HealhyEating is launched to encourage everyone to love themselves and live a healthier life. In this quarter, we are sharing vegetarian or vegan Breakfast recipes. Smoothies make a good grab-and-go breakfast or energy drink, but it can also be made into a Smoothie Bowl. Simply pour the smoothie into a bowl and top it up with your favourite fruits, granola and superfoods. Make it thick and creamy for a nice consistency. It is refreshing, and a great way to start the day!
Featuring Chef Yong Mei Kei, the Director and Executive Chef at MIB College. She is a qualified food technologist and plant-based chef with a huge passion for food and well-being.
Want more vegetarian or vegan recipes? Check out the ‘#HealthyEating’ recipe folder.
- 1 cup berries, frozen
- 2 ripe bananas, frozen
- ½ cup almond mik (or other plant-based milks)
- 2 Medjool dates, pitted
- 1 tbsp protein powder
- 1 tsp superfood powder (ie. cacao, acai, chia seeds)
- Place all the ingredients into the blender.
- Blend together until smooth and creamy, add more liquid if necessary to help the blending.
- Pour into a bowl, and decorate with toppings or fresh fruits of your choice. Serve cold.