This recipe is best with
- 250g high-protein flour
- 50g plain flour
- 15g milk powder
- 35g castor sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 8g instant dry yeast
- 20g butter
- 100g chopped carrot blended with 100ml water, then strained to obtain 200ml carrot juice
- Sift the high-protein and plain flours together. Put sifted flours, milk powder, sugar, salt and yeast into a food processor fitted with a dough hook. Add butter and carrot juice. Process until a smooth dough is formed.
- Cover the dough with a damp tea towel and leave aside to rise for 30-40 minutes or until doubled in bulk. Punch down the dough and knead by hand until dough is smooth.
- Roll dough into a long roll and cut into small equal portions. Roll each portion into a round ball. Place buns well apart on a lightly greased tray.
- Leave aside to rise covered with a piece of cling film for 20-25 minutes or until doubled in bulk. Bake in preheated 200 degrees Celcius for 20 minutes or until lightly golden.