This recipe is best with
- Coffee Mexico Bun:
- 600g bread flour
- 15g instant active dry yeast
- 240g water (cold)
- 9g bread improver
- 12g milk powder
- 6g salt
- 120g sugar
- 75g egg (cold)
- 75g Anchor butter
- 75g Anchor whipping cream
- Mexico Bun Topping:
- 400g butter
- 500g sugar
- 500g eggs
- 10g instant coffee
- 20g coffee paste
- 600g all purpose flour
- 50g cocoa mass
- Mix flour and yeast for 30 seconds with a dough hook.
- Add all the dry ingredients and mix on slow speed for 30 seconds.
- Add water, eggs and Anchor Whipping Cream and continue to mix on slow speed for 1 minute.
- Continue to mix on medium speed for 3 minutes and add butter gradually.
- Mix for another 10 minutes on medium speed until dough is fully developed.
- Ferment dough for 1 hour and divide dough into 60g, round up and rest dough for 10 minutes.
- For Mexico Bun, flatten dough with your palm, place a cube of butter inside and seal up.
- Prove the bread for 45 minutes until it more than doubled in size. Pipe Mexico Bun Topping on the top.
- Bake at 190°C for 12 to 15 minutes until golden in colour.
- With a paddle, blend butter and sugar on medium speed for 3 minutes until fluffy.
- Dissolve instant coffee in eggs and add slowly on medium speed.
- Scrape the mixing bowl and add coffee paste.
- Mix for 1 minute on medium speed.
- Add flour and mix on slow speed for 30 seconds until well blended.
Coffee Mexico Bun
Mexico Bun Topping