This recipe is best with
- 490g bread flour
- 4g instant active dry yeast
- 285g cold water
- 70g all purpose flour
- 140g bread flour
- 14g instant active dry yeast
- 11g salt
- 140g sugar
- 4g bread improver (super soft)
- 7g bread softener
- 30g milk powder
- 35g ice cube
- 70g egg (cold)
- 105g Anchor butter (unsalted)
- Prepare the SPONGE by mixing flour, yeast and water on slow speed for 3 minutes.
- Ferment for 4 hours until dough is about 3 times the original size.
- Prepare the DOUGH by adding all the dry ingredients into the mixing bowl.
- Add cold water and eggs followed by sponge cut into a few pieces and mix on slow speed for 1 minute.
- Change to medium speed and mix for 5 minutes until dough comes together.
- Add butter in stages on medium speed and mix for 10 minutes until dough is full developed.
- Divide dough into 60g, 24 pieces and round up with the palm of your hand.
- Rest the dough for 10 minutes and flatten dough with the palm of the hand.
- Wrap filling of your choice and place on a baking tray.
- Prove dough at 37°C for 30 to 45 minutes or 1 1/2 hours at room temperature.
- Brush whole eggs on the surface and bake at 180°C top heat and 150°C bottom heat for 12 to 15 minutes until buns turn golden brown.