This recipe is best with
- 300g high protein flour
- 50g sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp bread improver
- 1 tsp instant yeast
- 1 tsp milk powder
- 1 egg (B size), lightly beaten
- 50g cream cheese at room temperature
- 120ml water
- 30g butter
- For Glaze:
- 1/2 beaten egg mixed well with 1 tbsp UHT milk
- Sift ingredients (A) into a mixing bowl. Add the egg and cream cheese and mix in the water. Use a dough hook to knead the dough in an electric mixer at slow speed for two minutes. Then turn the machine to medium speed and knead for two more minutes.
- dd butter and mix well on slow speed for a minute and on medium speed for eight to 10 minutes until a soft and smooth dough is formed. Leave the dough in the bowl covered with cling film to prove for one hour or until double in size.
- Turn out the risen dough, punch down and knead with your hands. Divide dough into two equal portions and put aside to rest for 30 minutes. Shape the two halves into loaves.
- Put the loaves into a greased and lightly-floured loaf tin. Cover with a damp tea towel and leave aside for 30 to 35 minutes till double in size. Brush with glaze and sprinkle almond nibs.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180°C for 30 minutes or until the loaf is light when tapped with your hand. Remove the loaf from the tin and leave to cool on a wire rack.