- Put the lukewarm water in a small cup, sprinkle with yeast and add sugar and flour. Set aside for 5 minutes or wait until it turns frothy.
- Sift flour and milk powder into a mixing bowl. Stir in sugar and salt. Make a well in the centre of the flour and pour in the yeast mixture. Add water and olive oil and mix into a smooth dough.
- Knead dough on floured surface until elastic and smooth. Cover with a damp tea towel and set aside for 10 minutes.
- Knead the dough for about 10 minutes then roll out into a flat rectangle--30 x 20cm with 3 to 4mm thickness. Cut the dough into two equal halves. Cut each piece into thin strips of 5cm width.
- Lightly stretch the strips to form sticks and place them on greased baking trays. Brush with egg glaze and sprinkle with mixture of italian seasoning, sesame seeds and sugar.
- Bake in preheated oven at 200°c for 10 to 15 minutes or until golden brown and crisp. Cool sticks on wire rack before storing in air-tight containers.
You may also like