This recipe is best with
- 1/2 cup CARNATION Evaporated Milk, warmed
- 1 tablespoon NESCAFÉ TASTER'S CHOICE 100% Pure Instant Coffee Granules
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine, chilled and cut into pieces
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped dried dates
- 1 tablespoon raw or granulated sugar
- PREHEAT oven to 425° F. Lightly grease large baking sheet.
- COMBINE evaporated milk and Nescafé in small bowl; stir until coffee is dissolved. Combine flour, 1/4 cup sugar, baking powder and salt in large bowl. Cut in butter with pastry blender or two knives until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in Nescafé mixture, dates and vanilla extract until mixture forms soft dough.
- KNEAD 5 to 7 times on lightly floured surface. Gently pat or roll to 1/2-inch thickness. Cut with 2 1/2-inch biscuit cutter; place on prepared baking sheets. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon sugar over tops.
- BAKE for 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve warm.