- 400g plain flour, sifted
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 20g sugar
- 40g margarine
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup water
- Oil or ghee for greasing and cooking
- Put flour, salt and sugar in a mixing bowl. Rub in margarine and mix egg and the rest of the ingredients well to form a soft dough. Leave to rest for 20-30 minutes.
- Divide dough into 10 pieces. Roll into balls and rub oil or margarine lightly over each ball. Keep the balls in a container and leave aside.
- Grease a marble slab. Press and flatten the balls of dough with your palm on the slab. Use your fingers to make each ball very thin.
- Twirl the flattened dough until it becomes thin. Fold the sides to the centre. Flatten the dough again.
- Place on a hot griddle and cook slowly over a low heat. Turn over dough and spread more oil when needed to brown both sides of the roti.
1 thought on “Roti Canai”
Can u give the recipe roti canal inti chicken filling in side roti tq