This walnut Raisin Banana Loaf recipes is perfect for your afternoon tea. Try it now!
This recipe is best with
- 120g butter
- 100g sugar
- 3/4tsp vanilla essence
- 2 large eggs
- 190g (clean weight) bananas, mashed
- 190g plain flour
- 1tsp baking powder
- 3/4tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1/8tsp salt
- 35g walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 45g raisins
- 2 ½tbsp milk
- 1tbsp lemon juice
- Grease sides and line the base of a 26x8cm loaf tin with greased greaseproof paper.
- Sift flour, baking powder and bicarbonate of soda into a bowl. Stir in salt.
- Cream butter, sugar and essence until light and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- If the mixture curdles, add a little flour into the mixture. Add the mashed bananas and stir in nuts to mix.
- Fold in half portion of the sifted dry ingredients and add the rest of the ingredients alternating it with the milk and the lemon juice.
- Turn batter into prepared tin and bake in preheated oven at 170°C for 50–60 minutes or until cooked through.