Try this Date and Oat Cookies recipes for your next family gathering!
This recipe is best with
- 200g plain flour
- 3/4tsp baking powder
- 1/4tsp salt
- 75g almonds, coarsely chopped
- 30g quick cooking oats
- 140g butter
- 125g castor sugar
- 3/4tsp vanilla essence
- 1 small egg
- 100g good quality plain chocolate, melted
- Line baking trays with greased greaseproof paper. Put the oats in a food processor and blend until fairly fine. Remove and set aside.
- Beat butter, sugar and essence until light and creamy. Add the egg and continue to beat for 1 minute or until light and fluffy.
- Sift in flour, baking powder and salt to mix. Briefly stir in the oats, chopped dates and almonds with a metal spoon.
- Lightly form into balls Place them on prepared trays and bake in preheated oven at 170°C degrees C for 15–20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Allow to cool for 1 minute on the trays before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.
- Put chocolate in a heatproof bowl. Place the bowl over a saucepan of hot water and stir until chocolate melts. Put into a piping bag and pipe fine lines over the cookies.