This recipe is best with
- 150g butter
- 75g grated gula Melaka
- 25g castor sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 75g dried apricots, finely chopped
- Combine and sift:
- 200g plain flour
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- 2 tbsp ginger powder
- Grease baking trays with butter or corn oil. Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Cream butter and sugar until light and creamy. Beat in egg yolk until light and fluffy.
- Add sifted flour and apricots and mix well. Roll out in between plastic sheets and cut out with a cookie cutter. Place on prepared trays.
- Bake in preheated oven for 13 to 15 minutes. Leave cookies on baking tray for one to two minutes, then transfer onto wire rack to cool.