Butter Chicken Recipe – also known as chicken Makhani which is one of the most popular lip-smacking, rich, creamy, and delicious Dish. It’s been loved by many across the universe. Which is paired with roti, naan or Kulcha is delight food, which is most Indians love during their restaurant visits. There are many other variations of the Indian Butter Chicken Recipe or Chicken Makhani recipe, which can be found on the internet and are different from the authentic dish. What is Butter Chicken? Grilled Chicken pieces are cooked in a smooth buttery & creamy tomato-based gravy known as Butter Chicken or Murgh Makhani Recipe.
- 1/2 kg Boneless Chicken
- 3/4 tablespoon Lemon juice
- Salt as necessary
- 1/2 teaspoon Red chilli powder
- 3/4 teaspoon Kasuri Methi
- 1/8 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Garam Masala powder
- 3/4 tablespoon Oil
- 1 tablespoon Ginger garlic paste
- 1/2 cup Yoghurt
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- 1 teaspoon Ginger garlic paste
- 1 stick Cinnamon
- 2 nos Green Cardamom
- 2 nos Cloves
- 2 nos Slit green chillies
- 400 gms Tomato puree
- 17 nos Cashew nuts
- 1 teaspoon Red chilli powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Garam masala powder
- 1/2 tablespoon Kasuri methi
- 1/4 tablespoon Sugar
- Salt as necessary
- 100 ml Fresh cream
- 2 tablespoons Coriander leaves
- To marinate the chicken, wash the chicken and drain it completely, make sure there is no excess water. Marinating the chicken helps to make it soft, tasty, and juicy.
- Add lemon juice, chili powder, and salt mix everything well, and set this aside for 15 to 20 mins.
- Now, let’s start with the second marination. Add fresh yogurt, ginger garlic paste, crushed Kasuri methi, oil, turmeric powder, and garam masala.
- Mix everything well, marinate and refrigerate for 12 hours or overnight. The longer it marinated the softer chicken becomes, just melts in the mouth.
- Start Grilling the chicken in the oven or on the stovetop. Preheat the oven to 240c for 15 mins to grill in the oven.
- Skew the marinated chicken onto soaked wood skewers or place on a greased tray and grill for 20 to 30 mins.
- If grilling the marinated chicken in the pan, add a teaspoon of butter and grill it on a high flame. Continuously stir it to avoid burning.