This recipe is best with
- 150g butter
- 100g castor sugar
- 1/2 tsp butter vanilla essence
- 1 small egg, lightly beaten
- 10g desiccated coconut, leave plain
- 250g self-raising flour, sifted
- 40g custard powder
- 10g desiccated coconut, lightly coloured with green food colouring
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- Line cookie trays with non-stick or parchment paper.
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add beaten egg and butter vanilla essence and blend thoroughly.
- Combine self-raising flour, custard powder and desiccated coconut and add to the creamed mixture.
- Roll out dough in between two plastic sheets that have been lightly dusted with flour.
- Stamp out with a Christmas tree cookie cutter.
- Lightly brush with beaten egg white and sprinkle with coloured desiccated coconut.
- Bake in preheated oven at 180° C for 14 to 15 minutes or until golden brown.