This recipe is best with
- 150g pitted prunes, chopped coarsely
- 150ml hot water
- 175g butter
- 125g castor sugar
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 large eggs
- 275g self-raising flour
- 50g chopped walnuts
- Place chopped prunes in hot water and leave until cooled, then remove the prunes and keep the water mixture.
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in honey and eggs, one at a time.
- Fold in self-raising flour and add chopped walnuts and prunes. Drip in the water mixture gradually.
- Spread mixture in a prepared tin and bake in a preheated oven at 170°c for 60-70 minutes or until cooked through. Leave to cool in the tin before turning out.
- Preparation of tin: Grease a 22 x 15cm loaf tin and dust lightly with flour.