This recipe is best with
- 1 pound lobster
- 1 scant teaspoonful salt
- 1 quart milk
- 1 1/2 saltspoonful white pepper
- 3 crackers
- 1/4 saltspoonful cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup butter
- Boil one quart of milk
- Roll three crackers fine; mix with them one fourth of a cup of butter, and the green fat of the lobster.
- Season with one scant teaspoonful of salt, half a saltspoonful of white pepper, and one fourth of a saltspoonful of cayenne pepper.
- Pour the boiling milk gradually over the paste.
- Put it back in the double boiler; add the lobster meat cut into dice; let it boil up once, and serve