This recipe is best with
- 1kg pumpkin
- 20g spinach
- 20g mint leaves
- 50g melons (Watermelon, honey dew melon)
- 500ml chicken/vegetable stock
- 200ml cream/low-fat cream
- 50ml white wine
- 100g butter
- 100g Spanish onions (onions with orange skin)
- Salt & pepper
- Peel the pumpkin and cut into cubes. Saute together with the onions, then add in the white wine and stock.
- Boil till pumpkin cubes are soft and blend till smooth. Stir in the cream, add salt and pepper to taste.
- Blanch the spinach in hot water and liquidise together with the mint leaves. Make melon balls from both the watermelon and honey dew and chill in the refrigerator.
- Pour the pumpkin soup into soup dish and serve with the chilled melon balls and stir in the spinach/mint sauce.