This recipe is best with
- 150g butter/margarine
- 100g sugar
- 1 small egg (lightly beaten)
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 100g plain f1our
- 100g Nestum cereal
- 25g golden raisins (chopped coarsely)
- 40g cashewnuts (chopped coarsely)
- 1 egg white (lightly beaten)
- Red cherries (halved)
- Cornflakes (crushed)
- BEAT butter, essence, sugar and egg in a small bowl with an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- Stir in flour, Nestum cereal, raisins and cashewnuts and mix well. Roll out mixture between two plastic sheets. Cut into diamond shapes. Brush lightly with egg white, place a halved cherry in the centre and spread some crushed cornflakes around.
- Bake in a preheated oven of 170ºC for 15-17 minutes or until well browned and cooked.