This recipe is best with
- 100g butter
- 100g castor sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- A few drops pineapple essence
- 150g plain flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Sifted flour and baking powder
- 40ml UHT milk
- 75g chopped dried apricots
- 75g chopped dried pineapples
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- Grease and line a loaf tin with parchment paper. Preheat oven to 180ºC.
- Cream butter, sugar and essences until a light-coloured mixture is obtained. Add in eggs gradually. Add sifted flour and mix. Add in milk slowly and stir in chopped dried fruits.
- Turn out mixture into prepared tin and bake in preheated oven for 40 to 50 minutes or until cake is cooked through when tested with a wooden skewer.
- Leave cake to cool slightly in the tin before removing it and placing it on a wire rack to cool.