This recipe is best with
- 1/2 kg Basmati rice
- 2 onions (sliced thinly)
- 300gm tenggiri fish (cut into pieces)
- 300gm sotong (sliced into rings)
- 300gm crabmeat balls (mix crabmeat with flour and salt, knead into balls and deep fry)
- 1 tbsp ginger juice
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp saffron powder
- 1 tsp white pepper powder
- 1 tbsp jintan putih
- 3 tbsp chilli paste (grind 10 dried chillies)
- 4 cloves
- salt to taste
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tbsp butter
- Wash rice and drain the water. Heat wok, put in butter, fry onions and cloves. Add the rice and fry for five minutes. Add saffron powder and stir for two more minutes.
- Later, put the rice in the cooker and add just enough water to cook the rice. In a kuali, put about half a cup of oil and fry the chilli paste, garam masala, ginger, lime juice and jintan putih.
- Add in seafood, lime juice, salt and pepper. Simmer until cooked. You may add some carrots and beans if you like.
- Add the seafood mixture to the cooked rice and stir for another five minutes. You may add some co1ouring. Garnish with fried onion rings, raisins and cashewnuts.