This recipe is best with
- l00g butter, softened
- l00g brown sugar
- 30g sugar
- pinch salt
- 1 egg
- 30ml milk
- 250g flour
- 2g baking powder
- 5g mixed spices
- 8g cinnamon powder
- Cream the butter with the sugars and salt until light and fluffy. Add the egg and milk, mixing well. Sift flour, baking powder and spices together and add to the mixture. Mix well.
- You can either cut the dough with a cookie cutter or a knife. The dough is too soft to shape at this stage and must be chilled to firm it up for cutting.
- If using a cookie cutter, roll the dough between 2 sheets of plastic and keep in the freezer for 45 minutes.
- Roll out to a 1/2cm thickness and cut with the cookie cutter.
- If using a knife, roll dough into a log, wrap in cling film and keep in the freezer for 45 minutes. Cut 1/2cm thick slices.
- Arrange the cookies on a silicone mat or paper-lined baking tray. Bake in a preheated oven at 145ºC for 10-12 minutes.