Fragrant Lychee Fish is a chinese dish which uses white pomfret fish with lychee and pineapple.
- 450-500g white pomfret
- Tapioca flour (adequate)
- 4 ginger (thin slices)
- 1 lychee (canned and drained; reserve the syrup)
- 1 pineapple ring (slice canned ,cubed)
- Seasoning (combined):
- 1/2tsp salt
- 1/4tsp sugar
- 1/2tsp sesame oil
- 1tbsp Shao Hsing Hua Tiau wine
- 1tbsp cornflour
- Spring onion (chopped)
- Coriander leaves
- Clean pomfret and fillet the meat. Cut the fish fillets into slices.
- Add a little of the seasoning to the fish and fish slices. Sprinkle the tapioca flour over the fish and fish slices, and coat them well with flour.
- Heat enough oil for deep frying, and deep-fry the fish and fish slices until golden and crispy. Remove the fish onto a serving platter and pile the fish slices on top.
- Leave one tablespoon of oil in the wok. Sauté the ginger until fragrant and add the pineapple. Fry for 10 to 20 seconds.
- Pour 120ml of the lychee syrup in and bring to boil. Add remaining seasoning ingredients and bring to a quick boil. Add the lychee and stir to combine.
- Pour the lychee and sauce over the fish, garnish and serve immediately.