An experienced cook of over 50 years, Makcik Salmiah Isa was the private cook for the late Tunku Abdul Rahman. Makcik Salmiah shares with us a repertoire of recipes she has accumulated over the years that has touched many hearts and warmed many bellies!
With great pleasure, we share with you the sixth recipe – ‘Sotong Cili Thai’ – from a series of 12 featuring our Trusted Brand partner, Salam Sauces.
- 1 kg Squid (sotong), wash & cut into rings
- To Marinate - Blend:
- 1 inch old ginger
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 red onion
- 2 red chillies
- For Sauce:
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 red onion, sliced
- Salam Sos Berperisa Tiram
- Salam Sos Cili Manis Perisa Thai
- For Garnish:
- 1 red chilli, sliced
- coriander, chopped
- Dry cook the squid on the pan until squid starts to shrink in size & liquid is forming in the wok, around 3/4 cooked. Remove & set aside.
- Heat up oil in pan & stir fry the blended paste until aromatic. Add in all the sauces & salt, sugar for taste. Stir to incorporate & bring to a boil. (may adjust the amount of sugar to personal sweetness preference)
- Toss back the squid rings in the pan & mix well. Then add in onion & continue to stir for 5 mins or bring to a boil.
- Plate & garnish with coriander & sliced chillies.