This recipe is best with
- 1100g cream cheese
- 220g sugar
- 170g egg
- 22g egg yolk
- 210g whipped cream
- 16g lemon juice
- Cake crumb mix:
- 350g dried chocolate cake crumbs
- 245g butter, softened
- 21g cocoa powder
- 21g sugar
- Cut cream cheese into small cubes, add sugar and mix with a paddle for 10 minutes on medium speed until smooth.
- Premix egg and egg yolk. Add gradually over 10 minutes on slow speed. Fold lightly whipped whipping cream and lemon juice.
- Grease eight, 8cm cake rings. Wrap greaseproof paper on the underside of the cake rings and place 50g of cake crumb mix into each ring and press it down tightly with a spoon. Place 280g of cheese batter into each ring.
- Bake at 120°C for about 1 hour and 30 minutes. Let the cake cool down for at least 15 minutes before running a palette knife around the ring to release the cake. Refrigerate.
- Cake crumb mix: Mix all the ingredients together with a paddle until it resembles bread crumbs.