Follow this simple recipe to make the famous Basque Burnt Cheesecake using an air fryer!
This is a recipe I have found when my oven is ‘acting up’. Since I used to bake chicken using the air fryer, I thought that it might be possible to bake a cheesecake too.
As my air fryer is quite small, it can only fit a 6-inch round pan, which I think is a perfect size for my family of 4.
The result is better than I expected!
Happy baking and hope you find the recipe useful.
- 250g cream cheese
- 80g sugar
- 15g egg yolk, at room temperature
- 105g whole egg, at room temperature
- 0.5g vanilla extract
- 170g whipping cream, at room temperature
- 6g cake flour
- Soften the cream cheese to room temperature. Beat the cream cheese and sugar until all the sugar is dissolved.
- Add the egg yolk and mix well.
- Add the whole egg and mix well.
- Add the cream and vanilla extract, and beat until combined.
- Sift the flour evenly onto the cream cheese mixture. Beat until well combined.
- Pour the batter into a 6-inch round pan, lined with baking paper.
- Preheat the air fryer to 200°C for 10 minutes.
- Bake the cheesecake in the air fryer at 180°C for 18 to 21 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool the cheesecake on a rack without removing the mold. Chill and serve.
- *The cheesecake can be made one day in advance and chilled in the fridge.