This recipe is best with
- 200g digestive biscuits, crushed
- 110g melted butter
- Cheese filling
- 3 tbsp gelatin powder
- 200ml hot water
- 1 tsp grated orange rind
- 1 tsp grated lemon rind
- 50ml lemon juice
- 200g cream cheese
- 145g castor sugar
- 270ml evaporated milk, well chilled
- Line the base of a 20cm round spring-form pan with nonstick baking paper.
- Break biscuits into a food processor and whizz until crumbly in texture.
- Add melted butter and mix until well combined.
- Press the biscuit mixture firmly onto the base of prepared pan and chill while preparing the filling.
- Dissolve gelatin in hot water. Leave aside to cool, then add orange and lemon rind followed by lemon juice.
- Beat the cream cheese until creamy and add sugar. Continue to beat until light and creamy.
- Whisk chilled evaporated milk until thick and doubled in bulk. Fold into the creamed cheese mixture together with the cooled gelatin mixture.
- Turn the cheese mixture onto the prepared biscuit base and smoothen out the surface with a spatula. Chill the cake until firm.