- 1 box silken soft white beancurd
- Pinch of salt
- A small bunch enoki mushrooms, trimmed
- 2 dried Chinese mushrooms, soaked and diced
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp preserved soya beans (tau cheong), minced
- 1 tsp chopped garlic
- 1 tsp chopped ginger
- Sauce ingredients (combined)
- 1 tbsp vegetarian oyster sauce
- 1 tsp light soy sauce
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- ½ tsp sugar
- 1 tsp mushroom stock granules
- 125ml water
- 1 tbsp chopped spring onion
- 1 tbsp chopped red chilli
- Carefully remove beancurd from the box and place in a heatproof dish. Season with salt and garlic oil. Steam over rapidly boiling water for 8-10 minutes.
- Heat oil in a wok, sauté garlic and ginger until fragrant. Add the rest of the ingredients and pour in combined sauce ingredients. Cook for a minute. Dish out.
- Remove beancurd from the steamer and drain off excess water before pouring the cooked sauce over it. Garnish before serving.
1 thought on “Steamed Tofu”
Strongly recommended. This dish is so yummy yummy. I tried it many many times. Friends and family members always looking forward for this dish.