This recipe is best with
- 250g bitter dark chocolate, chopped
- 250ml UHT whipping cream
- 450g cream cheese
- 150g castor sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tbsp corn flour
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 tbsp Tia Maria (coffee liqueur)
- Cocoa powder or icing sugar for dusting (optional)
- Line the base of a spring-form pan, grease the sides and wrap a double layer of aluminium foil around Its base to prevent water leaking in or batter leaking out.
- Bring whipping cream to just a boil over low heat; add in the chopped chocolate and leave aside for 1-2 minutes. Stir well to dissolve the chocolate until mixture turns smooth. Set aside to cool.
- Beat cream cheese and sugar until creamy and smooth. Beat in eggs and egg yolk one at a time until well combined. Stir in corn flour, essence and coffee liqueur. Add the cooled chocolate mixture to combine. Beat until well incorporated.
- Pour batter into the prepared spring-form pan. Place pan in a large roasting pan and pour hot water into the roasting pan until halfway up the sides of the spring-form pan. Bake in preheated oven at 180°C for 40-50 minutes.
- Switch off the oven and leave the cake inside for around 40-50 minutes then remove from the oven and allow to cool completely.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate the overnight. Remove cake from pan and sift cocoa powder or icing sugar to garnish.