This recipe is best with
- 160 g sugar
- 100 g salted butter
- 2 g salt
- 240 g eggs
- 4 g vanilla essence
- 60 g green pea flour
- 40 g chickpea flour / gram dhal flour
- 60 g pregelatinised starch / cooked flour
- 40 g tapioca flour
- 11 g baking powder
- 4 g cinnamon powder
- 90 g whipping cream
- 180 g walnut (chopped)
- With a paddle, cream butter and sugar on medium speed for 15 minutes.
- Add egg and vanilla gradually on medium speed over 10 minutes.
- Fold in all the dry ingredients on slow speed for 1 minute. Add cream followed by chopped walnuts.
- Bake at 180 °C for 25 minutes in a convection oven.
4 thoughts on “Gluten-free Chickpea Walnut Muffin”
What is chickpea flour/gram dhal flour? and Pregelatinised starch/cooked flour
Here a reply from Don Yong:
Pregelatinised starch is a variety of cooked corn flour. Cooked flour absorbs water better making the product more moist. It is not easy to purchase so the substitute is KOU FUN or Precooked glutinous rice flour which can be obtained from ingredient shops like “Bake with Yen”. If that is not available just use normal corn flour.
Chickpea flour often called Gram Dhal flour can be found in all Indian sundry shops and some supermarket under the BABAS brand.
Hope this helps.
The Kuali Team
Hi,the 3 types of flour,can I replace it with gluten free flour ,Thank you.
Hi Suson, green pea, dhal and tapioca flours are gluten free. You may replace them but do note that the flavour and texture may alter slightly. However, you would have experimented with a new recipe! Happy Baking!