- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 225ml milk + 3 tbsp lemon juice, set aside to turn sour
- Place these ingredients in a bowl and mix well to combine:
- 125ml milk
- 60ml corn oil
- 3 tbsp honey
- 2 1/2 tbsp black poppy seeds
- 1 tbsp grated lemon rind
- 275g self-raising flour, sifted
- 100g castor sugar
- Mix sour milk with the beaten egg. Use a hand whisk to whip it up lightly. Add flour and sugar to the poppy seed mixture and mix until just combined. Stir in lemon rind and mix well. Stir in sour milk mixture until just combined.
- Spoon mixture two-thirds full into greased muffin cups and bake at 190-200 ºC for 20-25 minutes or until muffins are cooked when tested with a skewer. Turn onto wire racks to cool.